Don’t get snowed under by your debts. Take out a debt consolidation loan today with Positive Solutions Finance and get your debts back under control
Make the Right Choice for Your Financial Future with a Debt Consolidation Loan
Australians owe around $45 billion in total credit card debt. Many people are trapped in a vicious cycle of debt with credit cards having interest rates as high as 20%. When money gets tight and you are unable to make repayments, it can feel like you have to decide which ones will take priority and which ones will have to wait. Unpaid repayments, however, can rack up extra interest and fees and result in defaults against your credit file. This is where debt consolidation can be the answer to your financial problems. It allows you to roll your debts into one loan, reduce debt stress and allow you to make repayments more manageable month-to-month.
What is Debt Consolidation?
A debt consolidation loan can often be a popular option if you have multiple debts, such as personal loans, credit cards and store cards which allow you to pay off your debts with only one loan to focus on, rather than multiple. By clearing your debts, you can feel reduced pressure, especially if your creditors have been harassing you to make repayments which you have missed. It will reduce your stress and make it easier to manage your money.
Why Should You Consider Debt Consolidation in Perth?
If you’re struggling with multiple debt repayments, debt consolidation can be a relief. But it’s important to understand exactly what you’re getting into and whether it will improve your current financial situation before you make the final decision.
- If you have a number of loans, credit cards and other debts you are struggling to repay
- If you’re feeling stressed thinking about how many repayments you have to deal with each month
- If you’re unable to repay all of your debts each month
- If you want to save on interest by paying off your high interest loans and credit cards while switching to one loan with a lower interest rate
The key to debt consolidation is to avoid taking on new debt. If you borrow money, pay off your credit cards and then start using them again, you’re stuck in a bad debt cycle. If you take out a debt consolidation loan and find yourself stuck, you need to stop using your credit cards and close the accounts. Your credit score will suffer, but your finances will thrive. Your score will gradually increase over time.
Debt Consolidation Loan Pros vs Cons
- Borrowers no longer have to keep track of different repayment due dates loan repayments.
- One monthly repayment is easier to keep track of, compared to multiple repayments, often paid on different dates throughout the month.
- A longer repayment schedule may help to reduce stress, especially if creditors were previously contacting them about their unpaid debts.
- After paying off multiple debts with a debt consolidation loan, you may feel as though you have cleared your debt which could encourage you to spend more and in turn getting you into further financial trouble.
- By repaying debt over a long period of time, you may still end up paying back more interest overall.
- If you’re stressed about your debts, you may apply for a debt consolidation loan which is unsuitable, simply to get out of debt quickly.
How Does Debt Consolidation Affect Your Credit File?
The way debt consolidation affects your credit depends on the various options you choose. Combining multiple debt balances into one new loan is likely to raise your credit score over the long-term, but it’s possible you’ll see a decline in your credit score first as you take on a new loan.
Consolidating your debt into a new, lower-interest loan may hurt your credit score in the short or medium term, but if you make regular, on-time payments on your consolidation loan and pay it off in a reasonable amount of time, your credit score should recover and improve in the long-term.
Save Money and Reduce Your Financing Costs with Debt Consolidation in Perth
At Positive Solutions Finance, we understand that life doesn’t always go as planned and changes in the market or your personal circumstances can mean that your existing loans are no longer the best solution for your needs. Our experienced team can assist you with a debt consolidation loan to combine all your existing debts into a new affordable payment arrangement. To do this, we will assess your financial circumstances and provide a tailored solution to suit your individual situation.
Let us help you settle your debts so you can be stress-free and get on with your life. Contact our Perth team today for a free 30-minute consultation on 1800 40 3328.