Are your debts piling up? Have multiple credit cards, personal loans and unsure what to do next? Get your finances back on track with a debt consolidation loan from Positive Solutions Finance
Consolidate Your Debts and Get Back to Living
One of the worst parts about falling into debt is having to deal with harassing creditors. If you’re struggling with your repayments, have a stack of bills on your desk each month and are continually getting calls from your creditors asking you for their money, a debt consolidation loan can help. Consolidating your debt can alleviate your financial stress and make it less likely for you to fall behind on your payments which can harm your credit score.
A debt consolidation loan is a way to bring all of your debts together, such as credit cards, personal loans and store cards, into one. This means you’ll only be making payments in the one place, with only one fee, one regular payment and one interest rate. This allows you to take a breath and take back control of your financial circumstances.
Consider These Key Points Before Consolidating Your Debt
- Take a look at your spending. It’s important you understand why you are in debt. If you have accrued a lot of debt because you are spending more than you are earning, a debt consolidation loan probably won’t help you get out of debt unless you reduce your spending or increase your income.
- Make a budget. Figure out if you can pay off your existing debt by adjusting the way you spend. If you don’t already have a budget, make one. Detail your living expenses, your wages and your current debts. All of this information can speed up your application for a debt consolidation loan.
- Contact your creditors. Some creditors might be willing to accept lower minimum monthly payments, waive certain fees, reduce your interest rate or change your monthly due date to match up better to when you get paid. This will help you pay back your debt.
Why Should You Consolidate Your Debts in Adelaide?
Having one debt consolidation loan outweighs the benefits of having multiple debts with multiple fees, interest rates and trying to keep track of them all. A debt consolidation loan can:
- Save you money, either by having less interest or fewer fees to pay (or both).
- One loan is much easier to manage than multiple loans.
- Because there’s only one loan, setting up a repayment plan is easy – you’ll have a better idea of when you’ll be debt free.
- Having one, easy-to-manage debt will help you improve your credit rating in the long-term.
The Dos and Donts of Getting a Debt Consolidation Loan
- Work out what type of debt consolidation loan you need. Make sure you take the time to consider your different options when it comes to finding the right loan for you.
- Look for flexible features. You’re making a smart move by rolling all of your debts into one consolidation loan, but you could make an ever smarter one by choosing a loan with features that will help you pay off your debts sooner. This includes flexible repayments and the option to make extra repayments.
- Forget to check hidden fees. There could be fees including application fees, ongoing fees and break cost fees which you need to be aware of.
- Keep on using your credit cards. Once you’ve found the right debt consolidation loan for you, it’s time to say goodbye to the plastic in your pocket. Continuing to spend like you did before on a credit card will only push you deeper into debt.
Check Your Credit History
If you’ve had a credit card for a number of years or have had other debts such as personal loans or car loans, then it’s likely you’ll have a credit history. If you’ve stayed up-to-date with repayments, it’s probably fine. But it’s important to check and make sure your credit history is accurate before applying for a debt consolidation loan. A lender may review your credit history when you apply and reject your application if they see a bad credit score. You can check your credit history online for free through a number of different agencies.
Helping You With Debt Consolidation in Adelaide
Let us help you settle your debts so you can be stress-free to get on with your life. We will assess your financial situation, make a recommendation on consolidating your debts and prepare your loan application. If you’re looking to get rid of your multiple unsecured loans, debt consolidation may be for you. Contact Positive Solutions Finance today for a free consultation on 1800 40 3328.